Starting at $307911 days • 16 meals
Explorations rewards travellers with new perspectives. These are the personal adventures that today's cultural explorers dream of. (12-28 passengers)Itinerary
Launch MapOpen Map
Order your Explorations Brochure today. It's Free! »
Tuscan & Umbrian Countryside
Tuscan & Umbrian Countrysidefeaturing Italy’s Charming Hill Towns
See another side of Italy. Explore Tuscany and Umbria’s smaller, more authentic towns. Overnight in two restored palaces. Learn the secrets of Tuscan and Umbrian cuisine. Journey to Florence, the “Cradle of the Italian Renaissance.” Visit a family owned winery for a tasting and have a home-hosted dinner in a charming country home. Stop in Siena, a medieval town with one of Tuscany's most beautiful squares. Travel to the Etruscan hill town of Orvieto, known for its white wine and Gothic cathedral. Along the way, savour regional specialties and enjoy Italian wines with every dinner.
Explore. Connect. Live
- Take the road less travelled through central Italy and explore Tuscany and Umbria’s smaller, more authentic towns.
- Participate in a cooking class in Umbria in a 16th century farmhouse and learn to make some of the region’s most delicious recipes.
- Enjoy a home-cooked meal at one of Umbria’s country homes while dining with a local family.
- Sample local sausages and cheeses while sipping the famed Sagrantino wine during a visit to the “Balcony of Umbria,” Montefalco.
- Travel to Volterra and visit one of the most famous Etruscan museums in Italy, the Guarnacci Museum.
- Experience the benefits of Whisper Headsets, designed for better communication between you and your guides throughout your tour.
- Rome, Orvieto, Spoleto, Cooking Class, Olive Oil Factory, Bevagna, Montefalco, Assisi, Home-Hosted Dinner, Winery, Florence, Siena, Monteriggioni, Volterra, San Gimignano